Responsible for overall departmental planning, revenue growth, profitability, work quality, client relations and strategic development. The Vice President, Public Relations provides senior-level strategic counsel and develops long-term plans, insights and program recommendations for clients, demonstrating a thorough understanding of their business, industry competition and relevant media.
- Responsible for overall departmental planning, revenue growth, profitability, work quality, client relations and strategic development.
- Provides senior-level strategic counsel and develops long-term plans, insights and program recommendations for clients, demonstrating a thorough understanding of their business, industry competition and relevant media.
- Develops and expands agency capabilities in content, social, influencer and experiential marketing, while identifying new tools, data and processes required for effectiveness.
- Counsels on and executes “brand journalism” techniques that drive a story-telling approach to key client channels.
- Strategically plans and manages public relations activity for key clients, generating strategies and ideas that span all key platforms and channels (earned, owned, shared).
- Partners with other agency planners to provide clients with seamless, multi-channel solutions utilizing traditional public relations, digital and social media platforms to deliver results.
- Leads new business and agency retention efforts by identifying new opportunities, analyzing research, writing public relations proposals and plans, and making presentations to potential clients.
- Works to manage department employees and evaluate staffing requirements.
- Fosters on-going, valuable relationships with key influencers, serving as a critical connection between industry thought leaders and client stakeholders.
- Maintains positive working relationships with agency’s other divisions to enhance project workflow and build solutions that produce significant impact.
- Maintains a high awareness of issues and trends, both in the public relations field and within specific industry verticals/practice areas.
- Nurtures a departmental atmosphere of teamwork, enthusiasm, and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A modern-day public relations mindset, with emphasis on content, social and digitally-minded strategies
- 10+ years of public relations experience in an agency environment
- Demonstrated experience building, conceptualizing and executing integrated communications programs that align with client/company business goals and objectives that produce significant results
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to frame key issues and strategies using data
- Previous team leadership experience
- Experience in home or building products, healthcare, food, business-to-business industries and/or education
- Experience in executing both local market and national campaigns
- Experience in supporting integrated campaigns in the context of broader communications goals and strategies
- Collaborative, team-oriented individual unafraid to get your hands dirty
- Fluency with tools for measurement and execution of campaigns (e.g., analytics programs)
- Preference given to candidates willing to work from our Toledo, Ohio, offices
50+ years of delivering creative solutions for great clients
- 80 team members working for one common goal
- Strong salaries, benefits and perks
- Midwestern values that honor great thinking, great design and hard work
- Deliver projects that range from full branding with identities, names and ads to websites, apps and broadcast TV
- Know that every well-delivered solution starts with great knowledge
- Value empathy, integrity and involvement
- Recognized with numerous industry awards locally, regionally and nationally
- Believe good enough just isn’t good enough